Knowledge Cities: A Case of City Dalian
- Speaker: Zhongtuo Wang (Dalian University of Technology, Chinese Academy of Engineering)
- Different types of knowledge differentiated by the level of explicitness: tacit, talked, written.
- A 2500 years old chinese textbook says: "Writing could not fully describe what people want to say".
- Knowledge City Definition: A city that is purposefully designed to encourage the nurturing of knowledge.
- "Organizations and people are knowledge nodes".
- Three interrelated processes are necessary in a knowledge city: local knowledge creation, transfer of knowledge from external source, transfer of that knowledge into productive activities.
- Dalin is a coastal city in the northeast part of china, chinese government worked out a strategy on developing indigenous innovation ("Innovative Dalin").
- Advantages of Dalin: High density of knowledge (23 universities and colleges), communication and transportation network, 3.16 million fixed and 5.11 million mobile phone users, rational industrial structure, commercial and financial center of china, high quality of life ("International Garden City").
- Dalin is the "Summer Davos" to host the World Economic Forum.
- "The process of developing a knowledge city is neither quick nor simple".
- Transformation process: knowledge resources, knowledge assets, knowledge capital, economic/social/cultural benefits.
- The intellectual resource is the most valuable: "We need I-Shaped, T-shaped and TT-shaped people".
Strategic Mind on Building Xi'
Scholarch der Cogneon Akademie. Von der Ausbildung Dipl.-Ing. Elektrotechnik mit Schwerpunkt Digitale Nachrichtentechnik. Ich brenne für Lernende Organisationen, Wissensmanagement, New Work und Lebenslanges Lernen. Mitglied in Corporate Learning Community, Gesellschaft für Wissensmanagement, Chaos Computer Club uvm. Weiterer Podcast unter http://knowledge-on-air.de.